Biotechnological tools are considered and applied as effective means to address several problematic issues in practical agriculture in order to improve agronomic performance of crops and also for value addition to the end products. Agricultural economy of the country has more to gain from this technology. Keeping the tremendous potential of this scientific development into consideration, enormous thrust has been given in developing human resources with theoretical knowledge and practical competence in the discipline of biotechnology by both state and central government agencies in the recent past. However, more such human resource needs to be generated to meet the food security of the burgeoning population of this country. Newer approaches based on recent developments in the field of molecular biology are needed to further increase crop productivity, especially in less-favourable eco-systems.
Recognizing the importance and potential of biotechnology, the Department of Agricultural Biotechnology and Molecular Biology was established by 57th Academic Council meeting held on 11.12.2007 for M.Sc. and Ph.D. teaching programme in the subject Agricultural Biotechnology. The Department was created from the Department of Genetics established in the University in 1981 for M.Sc. and Ph.D. teaching in the subject Genetics. The department implemented the M.Sc. programme supported by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, from the Academic Session 2009-10 and acquired a B+status in 2014. Doctoral degree programme in Agricultural Biotechnology started from the Academic Session 2010-11. Currently, students in M. Sc. and Ph. D. degree programs are admitted through ICAR, New Delhi.
- To develop highly skilled human resource in the field of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology with special emphasis on Agricultural Biotechnology.
- To train graduates and post graduates in different areas of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology with special emphasis on Agricultural Biotechnology.
- To undertake basic and strategic research in different areas of Plant Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology.
|S. No.||Project Title||Principal Investigator||Funding Agency||Budget|
|i.||Enhancement of Heat Tolerance in locally adapted wheat cultivars of Bihar||Dr. Rajeev Kumar||RKVY||Rs. 100.00 lakh|
|ii.||Spot blotch of wheat delivering resistant wheat lines and diagnostic and molecular markers for resistance.||Dr. Rajeev Kumar||CGIAR collaborative International project||$ 45000|
|iii.||Deciphering Phytohormone signaling in modulation of resistance to Spot blotch disease for identification of novel resistant components for wheat improvement||Dr. Rajeev Kumar||CGIAR collaborative International project||$ 22500|
|iv.||Development of Hybrid Rice||Dr. V.K.Sharma||Non Plan||Rs.40 lakhs|
|v.||Development of Golden Rice for Diverse Agro-ecologies of Bihar||Dr. V. K. Sharma||RKVY||Rs. 163.24 lakhs|
|S. No.||Project Title||Duration||Principal Investigator||Funding Agency||Budget|
|I.||Development of heat tolerant, high yielding and climate resilient wheat cultivars by utilizing genomics, molecular and physiological information and resources.||5 years||Dr. Rajeev Kumar||USAID||Rs. 2.27 cr|
|II.||Evaluation and characterization of minor crops- little millet (Panicum sumatrense) as an example||3 years||Dr. Kumari Anjani||Non Plan||Rs. 8 lakhs|
|III.||Identification and characterization of transporter gene families involved in mineral fortification in Oryza sativa||3 years||Dr. Sarita Kumari||Non Plan||Rs. 9.1 lakhs|
|IV.||Mutation Breeding of sunflower (Helianthus annus) for biotic and abiotic stress resistance and yield attributing traits.||3 years||Dr. K. L. Bhutia||Non Plan||Rs. 2.35 lakhs|
|V.||Morpho-molecular evaluation for high yielding stress resistant wheat vis-a-vis agroecology of Bihar.||3 years||Dr. Rajeev Kumar||Non Plan||Rs. 12.0 lakhs|
|VI.||Shoot transcriptomebased understanding of molecular mechanism for Fusarium wilt resistance in Chickpea”||3 years||Dr.K.L. Bhutia||DST-SERB||Rs. 45.96 lakhs|
|VII.||Development of white-grained finger millet/ ragi (Eleusine coracana L.) with enhanced nutrient content through induced mutations.||3 years||Dr. Bishun Deo Prasad
|Non Plan||Rs. 8 lakhs|
|VIII.||Development of early breeding lines and identification of candidate genes for earliness in lentil using genetics and genomics approaches.||3 years||Dr. Mahendar Thudi
|Non Plan||Rs. 10 lakhs|
- Rajeev, R., Kundu, S., Majaw, T., & Bhutia, K. L. (2022). Morphological characterization and expression analysis of genes for antioxidants enzymes in gamma rays induced M3 mutants of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) cultivar TNAUSUF-7. International Journal of Radiation Biology, 1-9.
- Kumawat, S. K., Parsad, B. D., Kumar, D., &Sahni, S. Biotechnological Initiative for Management of Mungbean Yellow Mosaic Virus in Mungbean (Vigna radiate). crops, 5, 6.
- Hidangmayum, A., Dwivedi, P., Sahni, S., & Prasad, B. D. (2022). Screening for the Optimum Concentration of Chitosan through Seed Priming in Mungbean Genotypes. International Journal of Plant & Soil Science, 34(19), 175-182.
- Kumar, V., Kumar, R., Panigrahi, S., & Pankaj, Y. K. (2022). Molecular cloning and characterization of the wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) starch synthase III gene sheds light on its structure. Cereal Research Communications, 50(2), 199-209.
- Sahni, S., & Prasad, B. D. (2022). Salicylic Acid Induced Resistance against Mungbean Yellow Mosaic Virus (MYMV) and Enhanced Seed Yield in Resistant and Susceptible Urdbean [Vigna mungo (L.) Heper] Genotypes. Legume Research-An International Journal, 1, 7.
- Pankaj, Y. K., Pal, L., Nagarajan, R., Gill, K. S., Kumar, V., Sangwan, S., … & Kumar, R. (2021). Mapping QTLs for phenotypic and morpho-physiological traits related to grain yield under late sown conditions conditions in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). bioRxiv.
- Bhutia, K. L., Nongbri, E. L., Sharma, T. O., Rai, M., & Tyagi, W. (2021). A 1.84-Mb region on rice chromosome 2 carrying SPL4, SPL5 and MLO8 genes is associated with higher yield under phosphorus-deficient acidic soil. Journal of Applied Genetics, 62(2), 207-222.
- Abhay Kumar and V. K. Sharma (2021) Designing of fragrance related candidate gene specific microsatellite primers for molecular characterization of aromatic rice. Pharma Innovation J., 10(6): 1140-1144.
- Abhay Kumar and V. K. Sharma (2021) Fragrance related candidate gene specific SSR based PCR optimization in landraces and improved varieties of aromatic rice. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 10(3): 507-512.
- Swati Rani, Deepti, Kumari Anjani and V. K. Sharma (2021) Effect of explant and phytohormone on in vitro regeneration of Solanum indicum, an important medicinal weed. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 10(1): 1070-1075.
- Agarwal, V. Sharma and K. L. Bhutia (2021) Morpho-agronomic evaluation for delineation of salinity stress specific response and tolerance status of rice genotypes. J. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 10(1): 1062-1069.
- Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2020) Genome profiling of differential salt stress responsive landraces and varieties of rice using ISSR markers. Genetika, 52(3): 1215-1233.
- Punya, P. Kumar, V.K. Sharma and A. K. Singh (2020) Genetic divergence studies and heterotic grouping in maize inbred lines using microsatellite markers. Indian J Plant Genet. Resour., 33(2): 209-216.
- Deepti, Swati Rani, Kumari Anjani, Rajiv Kumar and V. K Sharma (2020) In-vitro Screening for Disease Resistance in Wheat Genotypes against Bipolarissorokiniana Using Callus Culture Method. CJAST, 39(46): 82-8.7
- Agarwal and V. K. Sharma (2020) Characterization of rice genotypes in relation to salt tolerance related response at early seedling stage. J. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 9(6): 2169-2174.
- K. Suman, M. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and Rajesh Kumar (2020) A modified and efficient CTAB genomic DNA extraction method from maize leaf for PCR analysis. J. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 9(4): 3418-3420.
- S. Chaudhary, V. K. Sharma, Pankaj Kumar and M. Kumar. (2020) Molecular profiling in relation to drought tolerance in advance breeding lines of rice using microsatellite markers. J. Plant Biochem. &Biotechnol., 29(1): 36-46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13562-019-0059-z.
- Suneel Kumar Verma, Surendra Kumar Chaurasia, Yaswant Kumar Pankaj, Rajeev Kumar. (2020) Study on the genetic variability and pathogenicity assessment among isolates of spot blotch causing fungi (Bipolarissorokiniana) in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant Physiol. Rep. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40502-020-00510-y.
- Bhutia, K.L., Nongbri, E.L., Gympad, E., Rai, M. and Tyagi, W., 2020. In silico characterization, and expression analysis of rice golden 2-like (OsGLK) members in response to low phosphorous. Molecular Biology Reports, 47: 2529–2549.
- Heena Saheewala, V. K. Sharma and V. K. Shahi (2019) Molecular characterization and genetic divergence analysis of traditional and improved aromatic rice varieties using microsatellite markers. Indian J. Plant Genet. Resour., 32(3): 377-384.
- Kumkum Kumari, Pankaj Kumar, V. K. Sharma and S. K. Singh (2019) Genomic marker assisted identification of genetic loci and genes associated with variation of grain zinc concentration in rice. Genet.98: 111. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12041-019-1144-8.
- Puja Kumari, V. K. Sharma and Nilanjaya (2019) Identification of genotype specific alleles and molecular divergence evaluation among potential donors for breeding of aerobic rice. J. Biotech., 14: 118-129.
- Bibha Rani and V. K. Sharma (2019) Microsatellite (SSR) markers assisted characterization of rice (Oryza sativa) genotypes in relation to salt tolerance. Indian J. Biotechnol., 18: 151-163.
- Punya, V. K. Sharma, Pankaj Kumar and Ajay Kumar (2019) Agronomic characters and genomic markers based assessment of genetic divergence and its relation to heterotic performance in maize. Env. Biol., 40: 1094-1101.
- Sneha Kumari, Puja Kumari, V. K. Sharma, Pankaj Kumar and Nilanjaya (2019) Validation of microsatellite markers for authentication and genetic purity evaluation of aerobic rice genotypes. Biotech. Crop Sci., 8(12): 107-114.
- Kumari Nidhi and V. K. Sharma (2019) Validation of microsatellite markers for discrimination of sterility maintainers and fertility restorers of wild abortive cytoplasmic male sterility in rice. Indian Res. J. Genet. & Biotech., 11(2): 1-9.
- Ranju Kumari, A. K. Singh and V. K. Sharma (2019) Isozyme pattern and morpho-agronomical traits based genetic divergence studies in maize (Zea mays) inbreds. CJAST, 35(1): 1-8. https://doi.org/10.9734/CJAST/2019/v35i130164.
- Rima Kumari, Pankaj Kumar, V. K. Sharma and Harsh Kumar (2019) Seedling stage salt stress response specific characterization of genetic polymorphism and validation of SSR markers in rice. Mol. Biol. Plants, 25(2):407-419.https://doi.org/10.1007/s12298-018-0623-3.
- Deepti, Rajeev Kumar. (2019) Morphological characterization of Bipolarissorokiniana isolates, isolated from different wheat genotypes. Indian Journal of Biotechnology 18: 204-213.
- Jagadale Mahesh Vasantrao, Y K Pankaj and Rajeev Kumar. (2019) Characterization of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) genotypes unraveled by molecular markers considering heat stress. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 18: 204-213.
- Bhutia, K.L., Bhutia, N.D. and Khanna, V.K. (2019). Rich Genetic Diversity of Capsicum Species in Northeast India, as a Potential Source for Chilli Crop Improvement. Journal of Agriculture and Forest Meteorology Research, 2: 77-83.
- Punya, V. K.Sharma and Pankaj Kumar (2018) Microsatellite marker dependent genetic divergence assessment within and among heterotic groups of tropical maize inbred lines. Maydica, 63(M23): 1-13.
- Ranju Kumari, A. K. Singh and V. K. Sharma (2018) Isozyme analysis based genetic purity assessment of single cross hybrid and its parental line in maize (Zea mays ). J. Pharmacogn. Phytochem, SP4: 425-429.
- Ranju Kumari, A. K. Singh and V. K. Sharma (2018) Genetic divergence studies for morpho-agronomical traits in maize (Zea mays ) inbreds. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7 (Special issue): 3589-3594.
- Darshna, V. K. Sharma and Pankaj Kumar (2018) Microsatellite profiling of rice genotypes for evaluation and analysis of salt stress response related genetic polymorphism. Biotech Crop Res., 7(10): 19-28.
- Ranju Kumari, A. K. Singh, V. K. Sharma and Manish Kumar (2018) Isozyme analysis based genetic diversity studies in maize inbreds (Zea mays L.). Pharmacogn. Phytochem, SP1: 390-393.
- Murari, V. K. Sharma and Pankaj Kumar (2018) Microsatellite profiling for detection and analysis of salt stress responsive genetic polymorphism in rice. J. Biotech Crop Res., 7(11): 4-16.
- Akanksha, Kumar Satya Prakash and V. K. Sharma (2018) Evaluation of simple sequence length polymorphism for genetic discrimination and genotyping of aerobic rice genotypes. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 7(4): 1531-1537.
- Darshna, Pankaj Kumar and V. K. Sharma (2018) Salt stress responsive genetic polymorphism analysis among promising rice genotypes using microsatellite markers. J. Chem. Stud., 6(4): 943-948.
- Priyanka Kumari, Pankaj Kumar and V. K. Sharma (2018) Candidate gene markers based preliminary genetic analysis in relation to grain zinc and iron accumulation in rice varieties. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 7(4): 1300-1305.
- Sugandh Suman, Bibha Rani; V. K. Sharma, H. Kumar and V. K. Shahi (2018) SSR marker based profiling and diversity analysis of mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek] genotypes. Legume Research, https//doi.org/18805/LR-3918.
- Pankaj Kumar, Rima Kumari and V. K. Sharma (2018) Choice of microsatellite markers for isolation of fertility restorers of wild abortive (WA) type cytoplasmic male sterility in rice. Indian J. Genet., 78: 202-210.
- Sugandh Suman, V. K. Sharma, H. Kumar and V. K. Shahi (2018) Re-evaluation of the mungbean (Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek) genotypes for resistance to mungbean yellow mosaic virus (MYMV) under screen house conditions. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7: 2821-2829.
- Manisha Priyadarshini, Pankaj Kumar and V. K. Sharma (2018) Molecular differentiation and classification in relation to fragrance of landraces and improved varieties of aromatic rice using microsatellite markers. J. Chem. Stud., 6(2): 3014-3021.
- Cui, Fuqiang; Wu, Hongpo; Safronov, Omid; Zhang, Panpan; Kumar, Rajeev; Kollist, Hannes; Salojärvi, Jarkko; Panstruga, Ralph and Overmyer, Kirk (2018) Arabidopsis MLO2 is a negative regulator of sensitivity to extracellular ROS. Plant, Cell & Environment; 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1111/pce.13144.
- Satish Kumar, Pankaj Kumar, Santosh Kumar Singh and Rajeev Kumar (2018) Effect of Drought and Elevated Temperature on Micronutrient Accumulation in Wheat (Triticum aestivum) Grain. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7(4): 2312-2318.
- Satish Kumar, Rajeev Kumar, Pankaj Kumar and Santosh Kumar Singh (2018) Comparative study of Fe and Mn micronutrient accumulation in flag leaf and spike of wheat (Triticum aestivum) grown under heat stress. J. Pharmacogn. Phytochem.,7(2): 2979-2982.
- Priti Kumari, Rajeev Kumar, R.S. Singh and Pradip Pranjal. (2018) Evaluation of Wheat Genotypes for Disease Reaction against Spot Blotch Pathogen (Bipolarissorokiniana) and Yield Traits. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. Special Issue-7: 5325-533.
- Kumari Anjani and Harsh Kumar (2018) Morphological features for characterization of local populations of Physalis minima (Ban tipariya) in Bihar.Int. J. Agri. Sci., 10(2): 5047-5052.
- Kumari Anjani and Harsh Kumar (2018) In vitro Studies in Litchi chinensis – Effect of Explant and Medium. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7: 2413-2422.
- Kumari Anjani and Harsh Kumar (2018) Effect of Cytokinin on Multiple Shoot Regeneration in Shoot Apical Culture of Physalis minima – An Important Fruit and Medicinal Plant. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7: 3115-3121.
- Ranjana Kumari, V. K. Sharma and Pankaj Kumar (2018) Molecular characterization of landraces and improved derivatives of aromatic rice using short tandem repeat markers. Indian Res. J. Genet. Biotech., 10: 189-201.
- Sweta Kumari, Pankaj Kumar and V. K. Sharma (2018) Identification of microsatellite markers for genetic differentiation and authentication of promising aerobic rice genotypes. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 7(2): 2772-2776.
- Rima Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2018) Evaluation of salinity tolerance of rice varieties through in vitro seed germination and seedling growth. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7: 2648-2659.
- Bhutia, K.L., Khanna, V.K., Meetei, T.N.G., and Bhutia, N.D. (2018). Effects of Climate Change on Growth and Development of Chilli. Agrotechnology, 7: Doi: 10.4172/2168-9881.1000180.
- Debnath, A., Bhutia, K.L. and Sumpi, H. (2018). Mapping and Deployment of Blast Resistance Gene in Rice – A Work in Progress. J. Cur. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7(5): 2073-2094.
- Bhutia, K.L., Meetei, NG.T., and Khanna, V.K. (2018). In vitro direct regeneration of DalleKhursani (Capsicum annum) from salicylic acid treated explants. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 7: 1008-1012
- Bhutia, K.L., and Tyagi, W. (2018). Use of sequence specific nucleases for site specific modification of plant genome for crop improvement. J. Agril. Sci. Res. 7(5): 491-502
- S. Chaudhary, P, Kumar, V. K. Sharma, M. Kumar and Punya (2017) Diversity analysis for drought tolerance rice genotypes using microsatellite markers. Indian. Res. J. Genet. & Biotech.,9: 318-329.
- S. Chaudhary, V. K. Sharma, Nilanjaya and M. Kumar (2017) Character association with yield and some important physio-morphological habits of rice under normal and drought stress condition. Bioved, 28: 467-474.
- Bibha Rani and V. K. Sharma (2017) Screening of rice genotypes for salt tolerance in relation to morphological traits and yield components under field condition. J. Agri. Sci.,9: 4493-4497.
- P. Mishra, R. Kumar, A. Mohan and K. S. Gill (2017) Conservation and divergence of Starch Synthase III genes of monocots and dicots. PLoS One, 12(12): e0189303. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0189303.
- Shashi Bhushan, Rajiv Kumar, Harsh Kumar and M. Z. Shamim (2017) Culture media induced in vitro regeneration Responses for mature embryo of wheat (Triticum aestivum). The Bioscan, 12(3):1379-1384.
- Z. Shamim, V. K. Sharma, H. Manzar and S. Bhushan (2017) Grain yield components analysis in locally adapted rice varieties. IJAEB, 10: 435-442.
- Rima Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2017) High frequency multiple shoot differentiation from cultured seeds of rice cultivars. Indian Ecol., 44: 431-433.
- Punya, V. K. Sharma, Ajay Kumar and Praveen Singh (2017) Genetic variability study of different morpho-physiological and quality traits in maize genotypes (Zea mays ). Environment & Ecology. 35(3A): 1818-1822.
- Punya, V. K. Sharma and Pankaj Kumar (2017) A modified method for maize genomic DNA extraction without liquid nitrogen and phenol. Indian Res. J. Genet. & Biotech., 9: 45-51.
- Ranju Kumari, A. K. Singh and V. K. Sharma (2016) Heterosis and genetic divergence correlation studies for yield and its related traits in maize (Zea mays L.). The Bioscan, 11(3): 1849-1854.
- Sugandh Suman, Manish Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2016) Correlation of weather parameters with incidence of mungbean yellow mosaic virus (MYMV) disease in mumgbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]. J. Agricult. Stat. Sci., 12: 109-115.
- Rima Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2016) In vitro seed germination and seedling growth for salt tolerance in rice cultivars. Cell Tissue Research, 16: 5905-5910.
- Bibha Rani and V. K. Sharma (2016) A modified CTAB method for quick extraction of genomic DNA from rice seed/grain/leaves for PCR analysis. J. Sci. & Res. Methodol., 4: 254-260.
- Bibha Rani and V. K. Sharma (2016) Soil salinity assessment of rice field area of Bihar. Environment & Ecology, 34: 2271-2273.
- Z. Shamim, H. Manzar and V. K. Sharma (2016) A rapid method for rice genomic DNA extraction without liquid nitrogen and phenol. Int. J. Agri. Sci.,8: 2528-2530.
- Z. Shamim, H. Manzar, V. K. Sharma and P. Kumar (2016) Microsatellite marker based characterization and divergence analysis among rice varieties. Indian J. Biotechnol.,15: 182-189.
- Rima Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2016) Molecular characterization for salinity tolerance in rice using microsatellite markers. J. Agri. Env. &Biotechnol., 9: 163-174.
- Sarita, K., Singh, S. K., Sharma, V. K., Rajesh, K., Manas, M., Upadhyay, T. K., &Prajapat, R. K. (2021). CRISPR-cas: a continuously evolving technology. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 1274-1279.
- Abhay Kumar, V. K. Sharma and Prafulla Kumar (2019) Nanopore sequencing: The fourth-generation sequencing. Entomol. Zool. Studies, 7(4): 1400-1403.
- Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2018). Allele mining for crop improvement. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci., 6: 1456-1465.
- Anjani Kumari, V.K.Sharma and Harsh Kumar (2018). Gene trapping: A powerful tool of functional genomics to identify novel genes. J. Genetics., 10: 325-332.
- Sandeep Kumar Suman, Kumari Anjani, Mithilesh Kumar and Dayaram (2018) Mushroom: health benefits and environmental impact. Genius, 6: 25-29.
- Bibha Rani and V. K. Sharma (2017). Transcriptome profiling: methods and applications – A review. Agricultural Reviews, 38: 271-281.
- Bibha Rani and V. K. Sharma (2017). Rice and its physiological and genetic basis of salt tolerance – A review. Agricultural Reviews, 38: 290-296.
- R. Kumari, P. Kumar, V. K. Sharma and H. Kumar (2017). Genetic engineering to establish a C4-Metabolosm in C3 plants for crop improvement: A review. J. Cell Tissue Res., 17:6179-6184.
|S.No.||Name of Laboratory||Existing Equipments|
|I.||Molecular Biology Laboratory||Gel electrophoresis apparatus, UV/VIS Spectrophotometer, Microwave oven, Thermo-cycler, Real time thermo-cycler, QIA Axcel,Deep Freezer – 800 C and -200C, Gel documentation unit, Ice Flaker, Elisa Reader|
|II.||Molecular Breeding Laboratory||Refrigerated centrifuge, Computer, Thermo-cycler, Nano Drop Spectrophotometer, Gel documentation unit|
|III.||Plant Tissue culture Laboratory||Laminar Air Flow, Autoclave, Electronic Balance, Distillation Apparatus, Plant Growth Chambers|
|IV.||Wheat Molecular Breeding Laboratory||Automated DNA isolation apparatus, cooling centrifuge|
|V.||Bioimaging Laboratory||Microscope with photographic attachment, CO2 incubator, Inverted Microscope with Micromanipulator, Cytovision work station, Fluorescence Microscope|
|VI.||Biochemical Genetics Laboratory||Orbital Shaking Incubator, Water Bath, Ultracentrifuge, Minicentrifuge, Thermal cycler|
|VII.||Genetic Transformation Laboratory||Thermo-cycler, Real time thermo-cycler, Bio-analyzer, Gene Gun, Orbital Shaking Incubator, Deep Freezer – 800 C and -200C, Gel documentation unit, Ice Flaker, Laminar Airflow|
|VIII.||Functional Genomics Laboratory||Gradient Thermal cycler, Deep Freezer (-200C), Gel electrophoresis apparatus with power pack, Water Bath, Refrigerated centrifuge, Mini centrifuge, UPS(10 KV)|
|S.No.||Name||Position||Specialization||Contact No.||E-mail Id|
|1.||Dr. V.K. Sharma||Professor & Head||Genetics, Plant Breeding and Biotechnologyemail@example.com|
|2.||Dr. Rajeev Kumar||Associate Professor||Genetics & Biotechnologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Dr. Bishun Deo Prasad||Associate Professor||Genetics & Biotechnologyemail@example.com|
|4.||Dr. Mahendar Thudi||Associate Professor||Genomics and Molecular Breedingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Dr. Kumari Anjani||Assistant Professor||Tissue Culture and Molecular Biologyemail@example.com|
|6.||Dr. Sarita Kumari||Assistant Professor||Molecular Biology and Biotechnologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7.||Dr. Karma Landup Bhutia||Assistant Professor||Plant Tissue culture and Molecular Biologyemail@example.com|
Guest Faculty Visited
|Name & Address||Topic||Year|
|Dr. Anil Kumar, Director of Education of RLBCAU, Jhansi||Brainstorming interaction meeting||2022|
|Dr. J. K. Thakur, Scientist IV, NIPGR, New Delhi||Making biotechnological sense of basic research||2019|
|Dr. P. B. Kirti, Scholar-in Residence, Dept. of ABMB, CBS&H, RPCAU, PUSA||Transgenic plant||2019|
|Dr. P. B. Kirti, Scholar-in Residence, Dept. of ABMB, CBS&H, RPCAU, PUSA||Transgenic plant||2019|
|Irfan A Ghazi, Asst. Prof. Dept. of Plant Sciences, Univ. of Hyderabad||High-throughout genome sequencing of rice||2018|
|Dr. P. B. Kirti, Dept. of Plant Sciences, Univ. of Hyderabad||Insertional mutagenesis and novel gene discovery in plants||2018|
|Dr. P. B. Kirti, Dept. of Plant Sciences, Univ. of Hyderabad||Activation tagging and novel gene discovery in plants||2018|
|Dr. V. K. Singh, Ex-Dean, Faculty of Sciences, V.B.S. Purvanchal University, Jhonpur||Bacteriophage: An alternative to antibiotics||2017|
|Dr. P.C. Mishra, GNDU, Amritsar||Protein structure prediction by bioinformatic tools||2014|
|Dr. (Mrs.) Rachna Hora, GNDU, Amritsar||Tools for protein structure determination||2014|
|Dr. P.C. Mishra, GNDU, Amritsar||Training on tools of bioinformatics||2014|
|Dr. Kulvinder S. Gill, Professor & the Vogel Endowed Chair in Wheat Breeding and Genetics Washington State Unilman, USA||Development of Heat Tolerant wheat varieties.||2013|
|Dr. Chandan Shahi, Scientist, IISER, Bhopal||Heat shock protein, Molecular Chaperons||2012|
|Dr. Intekhab Alam, Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Korea University||Structural features of viral RNA Polymerase||2012|
|Dr. K.D.N. Singh, Professor & Head, Department of Mol. Biology & Genetic Engg., NDUAT, Faizabad||Crop biotechnology||2011|
|Dr. M.K. Basu, NGO, Kolkata||Biofertilizers Based Organic Farming||2011|
|Mr. S. F. D’Souza, Nuclear Agriculture and Biotechnology Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai||Radiation Technology in Agriculture||2011|
|Dr. Mahesh C. Yadav, N.R.C., DNA Fingerprinting, NBPGR, New Delhi||DNA Barcoding||2010|
|S. No.||Name of the student||Placement|
|1.||Ranju Kumari||Assistant Professor at BAU, Sabour|
|2.||Kumari Anjani||Assistant Professor at RPCAU, Pusa|
|3.||Sugandh Suman||Guest Faculty at Rastrakavi Ramdhari Singh Dinkar College of Engineering (RRSDCE), Begusarai|
|4.||Punya||SRF at SKUAST-Kashmir|
|5.||Rima Kumari||Guest faculty at Purnea University|
|6.||Pankaj Kumar||Guest faculty at Purnea University|
|7.||Bibha Rani||DBT-Women Scientist at RPCAU, Pusa|
|8.||Nilmani Prakash||Scientist at BISA, Pusa|
|9.||Sandeep Kumar Suman||Research Associate at RPCAU|
|S. No.||Name of the student||Placement|
|1.||Sunit Kumar Rana||Chief Manager, Central Bank of India, Bhopal|
|2.||Demudunaidu Panchada||Technical Assistant (T-3), ICAR-Indian Institute Of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad|
|3.||Nand Kishore Sharma||Director at Farmers Stop, Konico Seeds & Zoospore Biological’s|
|4.||Md. Zikrullah Shamin||Guest faculty at Darbhanga University|
|5.||Nilmani Prakash||Completed Ph.D. from RAU and currently working as Scientist at BISA|
|6.||Jagadale Mahesh Vasantrao||Research Associate, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat|
|7.||Shashi Bhushan||Joined Ph.D. at IIT Chennai, currently running a Coaching centre at Gaya|
|8.||Vandana||Postdoctoral Scientist, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan|
|9.||Ram Chandra Choudhary||Facility manager at IFFCO|
|10.||Sandeep Kumar Suman||Completed Ph.D. from RPCAU and currently working as RA in RPCAU|
|11.||Deepti||Completed Ph.D. from RPCAU, Pusa, INSPIRE Fellow|
|12.||Satish Kumar||Completed Ph.D. from Central University of Jharkhand, currently working as SRF in RPCAU|
|13.||Swati Rani||Completed Ph.D. from RPCAU, Pusa,|
|14.||Sandeesha Kodru||Doctor of Philosophy, Biological Research Centre Hungary|
|15.||Pankaj Kumar||Completed Ph.D. from RPCAU and working as Guest faculty in Purnea University|
|16.||Nitish Jangde||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA|
|17.||Heena Saheewala||Assistant Professor, B.N. College of Agriculture,B.N. University, Udaipur; completed Ph.D. from MPUAT, Udaipur|
|18.||Rima Kumari||Completed Ph.D. from RPCAU, currently working as Guest faculty at Purnea University|
|19.||Puja Kumari||Ph.D. from CAU, Imphal|
|20.||Priyanki Kumari||Working as a School Teacher|
|21.||Suneel Kumar Verma||Food Safety Officer (FCI)|
|22.||Kumar Satya Prakash||Food Safety Officer (FCI)|
|23.||Surendra Kumar Chaurasia||Food Safety Officer (FCI) at FDA, U.P.|
|24.||Alok Kumar||Pursuing Ph.D. from CUSB|
|25.||Ruchi Agarwal||Completed Ph.D. from RPCAU, Pusa|
|26.||Archana Bharti||Pursuing Ph.D. from BAU, Sabour|
|27.||Priti Kumari||Working as a School Teacher|
|28.||Shubhi Mishra||Pursuing Ph.D. from Slovak Academy of Sciences|
|29.||Ajay Kumar||Pursuing Ph.D. from Slovak Academy of Sciences|
|30.||Bhavya Priyadarshini Mishra||Pursuing Ph.D. from CSIR-NBRI, Lucknow|
|32.||Pradeep Kumar||Pursuing Ph.D. from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture, Meerut|
|33.||Devendra Kumar||Pursuing Ph.D. from JAU, Junagadh, Gujrat|
|34.||Kale Rohan Arjun||SRF at Himachal Pradesh Agriculture University, Palampur|
|35.||Surender Kumar||Pursuing PhD at Alakh Prakash Goyal Shimla University, Shimla,|
|36.||Mahtab Ahmad||JRF at RPCAU|
|37.||Rati Satish Chunletia||Pursuing Ph.D. from BARC, Mumbai|
|38.||Rahul Anand||Pursuing Ph.D. from GBPUAT, Pantnagar|
|39.||Suparna Das||Pursuing Ph.D. from BCKV, West Bengal|
|40.||Mahi Baaniya||Pursuing Ph.D. from IARI|
|41.||Yaswant Kumar Pankaj||Pursuing Ph.D. from Texas University, USA|
|42.||Saurav Panigrahi||Pursuing PhD in CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar|
|43.||Vishnu Kumar||SRF at IARI|
|45.||Abhang Sachin Lalaso||Pursuing Ph.D. from Dr.Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola|
|46.||Shankar C.||Pursuing Ph.D. from Kerala Agricultural University|
|47.||Kale Anil Namdev||Pursuing Ph.D. from RPCAU, Pusa|
|48.||Sayanta Kundu||JRF at RPCAU, Pusa|
|49.||Ranjan Rajeev||JRF at IARI|
|50.||Pratik Kumar||Field Officer, Rubber Board|
|51.||Lokesh Thakur||Pursuing Ph.D. at Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan|