For past few years in the context of Indian agricultural landscape there is the emergence of Agri-incubators for facilitating and promoting new enterprises with innovative business ideas. This context of developing agri-business ecosystem in various agricultural and its allied sectors and unleashing innovation and agri-preneurship has received special emphasis from Central government as well as from government of Bihar. Resonating with the government focus and need of the hour, Centre for Start-up Facilitation is started for providing incubation support to creative and innovative agri-preneurs under the flagship of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agriculture University, Pusa, Bihar. Start-up Facilitation Center-RPCAU, Pusa has been established for facilitating evolution of an Agri Start-up ecosystem along with the support of cost effective, value added services, including technical expertise to potential agri-preneurs.
- Fostering agri-innovations through agri-preneurship support along with ecosystem development in Agriculture and Allied sectors.
- To be amongst the leading start-up University in the country by the year 2025, by providing enabling environment for creation of successful, innovative and impactful enterprises.
- To create a conducive & enabling ecosystem to facilitate the growth of budding entrepreneurs
- Supporting Innovative agri-preneurship activities for strengthening technology led innovative solutions
- Technology Commercialization & promoting new agri-prenurers through focused approach for innovative ideas.
“Focusing on the Mantra #VocalForLocal & आत्मनिर्भर भारत”
- To promote innovation, agri-preneurship and business creation in agriculture and allied sector by skill development, capacity building and technology scale up.
- To develop agri-preneurship ecosystem by providing hand holding support to migrant workers (विपरीत पलायन श्रमिकों), successful agricultural innovations in the way of product development, testing, packaging facilities.
Partnership with Agri-Preneurs
Centre for Start-up Facilitation has started its activities for products like honey, value added mushroom such as Mushroom Biscuit, Mushroom Laddu, Mushroom Samosa, Mushroom Bhujia, and jaggery products such as Brick Jaggery, Ginger Jaggery and Herbal Gulal. Centre has also initiated technology transfer along with the concept of boat mounted solar powered pumping unit for irrigation.
Centre has taken its step forward towards the commercialization of various horticultural products such as mango, litchi, lemon etc. Centre is also planning to extend its incubation support in the area of wealth creation from waste, spices, tissue culture of different crops and nutritious products like multigrain flour, maize corn and popcorn.
List of technologies product ready for commercialization
- Production and processing technology of different type of Mushrooms
- Production and processing of honey
- Preparation of various types of jaggery products
- Herbal Gulal
- Bal Shakti a low cost energy food for infants
- Solar powered boat mounted pumping system for surface water irrigation from rivers/water bodies and it’s marketing to nearby farmers
This is not an exhaustive list and others will be added with time.
|Dr. Mritunjay Kumar
|Dr. Mohit Sharma
Asstt. Prof., Agribusiness
|Ms. Tulika Kumari
Asstt. Prof., Agril.Econ.
|Dr. S.P. Lal
Asstt. Prof., Agril. Extn.
|Dr. Gangadhar Nanda,
Asstt. Prof., Agronomy
The centre provides services such as preparation of DPR, technology transfer and technical guidance for starting an enterprise. Interested entrepreneurs who want to start their enterprise based on technologies developed by university can contact following:
Dr. Mritunjay Kumar,
Ph. No. – 9430891658, 8709917525, 7739647552
Dr. P. S. Brahmanand,
Ph. No. – 06274-240262;