1. Powers and duties of the Vice-Chancellor:
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be ex officio Chairman of the Board, the Academic Council, the Finance Committee, the Research Council and the Extension Education Council and shall, in the absence of the Chancellor, preside over the Convocations held for conferring degrees.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be entitled to be present at, and address, any meeting of any authority of the University, but shall not be entitled to vote thereat unless he is a member of such authority.
- It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that this Act, the Statutes, the Ordinances and the Regulations are duly observed, and he shall have all the powers necessary to ensure such observance.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise control over the affairs of the University and shall give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall have all the powers necessary for the proper maintenance of discipline in the University and he may delegate any such powers to such person or persons as he may deem fit.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to convene or cause to be convened the meetings of the Board, the Academic Council, the Research Council, the Extension Education Council and the Finance Committee.
2. Powers and Duties of the Deans of the Colleges/Faculties
The Dean shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the conduct and maintenance of the standards of teaching in the college and Faculty and shall perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Ordinances. The Dean shall be the ex officio Chairman of the Board of Studies of the Faculty, a member of the Academic Council, the Research Council and the Extension Education Council of the University.
3. Powers and Duties of the Director of Education
The Director of Education shall be responsible for planning, co-ordination and supervision for all educational programmes in the various Faculties of the University.
4. Powers and Duties of the Director of Research
The Director of Research: The Director of Research shall be responsible for supervision and coordination of all research programmes of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for performance of his duties. The Director of Research shall be ex officio Member-Secretary of the Research Council of the University.
5. Powers & Duties of the Director, Extension Education
The Director of Extension Education shall be responsible for supervision and coordination of all Extension Education Programmes in the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for performance of his duties. The Director of Extension Education shall be ex officio Member-Secretary of the Extension Education Council of the University.
6. Powers & Duties of the Registrar:
- The Registrar shall have the power to take disciplinary action against such of the employees excluding teachers, as may be specified in the order of the Board and to suspend them pending inquiry, to administer warnings to them or to impose on them the penalty of censure or the withholding of increment: Provided that no such penalty shall be imposed unless the person concerned has been given a reasonable opportunity of showing cause against the action proposed to be taken in regard to him.
- An appeal shall lie to the Vice-Chancellor against any order of the Registrar imposing any of the penalties specified in sub-clause (a).
- In a case where the inquiry discloses that a punishment beyond the power of the Registrar is called for, the Registrar shall, upon conclusion of inquiry, make a report to the Vice-Chancellor along with his recommendations: Provided that an appeal shall lie to the Board against an order of the Vice-Chancellor imposing any penalty.
- The Registrar shall be the ex officio Secretary of the Board and the Academic Council, but shall not be deemed to be a member of any of these authorities.
- It shall be the duty of the Registrar—
- to be the custodian of the records, the common seal and such other property of the University as the Board shall commit to his charge;
- to issue all notice convening meeting of the Board, the Academic Council and of any Committee appointed by those authorities;
- to keep the minutes of all the meetings of the Board, the Academic Council and of any committees appointed by those authorities;
- to conduct the official correspondence of the Board and the Academic Council;
- to arrange for the examinations of the University in accordance with the manner prescribed by the Ordinances or notifications;
- to supply to the Visitor, copies of the agenda of the meetings of the authorities of the University as soon as they are issued and the minutes of such meetings;
- to represent the University in suits or proceedings by or against the University powers of attorney and verify pleadings or depute his representatives for the purpose; and
- to perform such other duties as may be specified in the Statutes, the Ordinances or the Regulations or as may be required, from time to time, by the Board or the Vice-Chancellor.
7. Powers & Duties of the Comptroller:
The Comptroller shall be the ex officio Secretary of the Finance Committee, but shall not be deemed to be a member of such Committee.
The Comptroller shall—
- exercise general supervision over the funds of the University and shall advise it as regards its financial policy; and
- perform such other duties as may be specified in the Statutes, the Ordinances or as may be required, from time to time, by the Board or the Vice-Chancellor.
- Subject to the control of the Board, the Comptroller shall—
- hold and manage the property and investments of the University including trust and endowed property;
- ensure that the limits fixed by the Board for recurring and non-recurring expenditure for a year are not exceeded and that all moneys are expended on the purpose for which they are granted or allotted;
- be responsible for the preparation of annual accounts and the budget of the University and for their presentation to the Board;
- keep a constant watch on the state of the cash and bank balances and on the state of investments;
- watch the progress of the collection of revenue and advise on the methods of collection employed;
- ensure that the registers of buildings, land, furniture and equipment are maintained up-to-date and that stock-checking is conducted, of equipment and other consumable materials in all offices, specialised laboratories, colleges and institutions maintained by the University;
- bring to the notice of the Vice-Chancellor unauthorised expenditure and other financial irregularities and suggest disciplinary action against persons at fault; and
- call for from any office, laboratory, college or institution maintained by the University and information or returns that he may consider necessary for performance of his duties.
- Any receipt given by the Comptroller or the person or persons duly authorised in this behalf by the Board for any money payable to the University shall be sufficient discharge for payment of such money.
8. Power & Functions of the Heads of Departments:
The Head of Department shall be responsible to the Dean for teaching, to Director of Research for research, to Director of Extension Education for extension Education work.
Power and Functions of the Associate Director of Research (Headquarters):
The Assoc. Director of Research (Headquarters) will be under the direct control of Director of Research and will assist him in all research related matters dealt by him. All files dealt in Research wing isrouted through him. Monitoring the implementation of research projects and programmes as approved by the Director of Research. He is also responsible for conducting Review Meetings / Workshops and all research meetings as well as upkeep and maintenance of files and correspondence in the Directorate of Research. Follow up action on all research matters. Any other work assigned by the Director of Research from time to time