Dr. Ram Kumar Sahu
Soil & Water Engineering
- B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering: Rajendra Agricultural University, Pusa, Samastipur (Bihar), India.
- M.E. in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering: Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (Rajasthan), India.
- Ph.D. in Water Resources Engineering: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai (Maharastra), India.
- Research Area: Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Hydrology
- Research Interest: Rainfall-Runoff Modeling (especially based on SCS-CN Methodology), use of hydrogel for water conservation
- Sahu, R.V.K., Paswan, A.K., Sahu, R.K., Jha, C.K., and Prasad, S.S. (2015). Investigation for determining suitable type of drainage system for salt affected area of Muzaffarpur district of Bihar. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation. Vol. 43 (2): 131-134.
- Sahu, R.K., Kumar, S., and Alam, A. (2013). Evaluation of effect of wastewater application on saturated hydraulic conductivity of soil. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation. Vol. 41 (3): 212-218.
- Sahu, R.K., Mishra, S.K., and Eldho, T.I. (2012). Improved storm duration and antecedent moisture condition coupled SCS-CN concept-based model. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE, 17 (11): 1173-1179.
- Sahu, R.K., Mishra, S.K., and Eldho, T.I. (2012). Performance evaluation of modified versions of SCS curve number method for two watersheds of Maharashtra. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 18(1): 27-36.
- Sahu, R.K., Mishra, S.K., and Eldho, T.I. (2010). Comparative evaluation of SCS-CN-inspired models in applications to classified datasets. Agricultural Water Management, 97 (5): 749-756.
- Sahu, R.K., Mishra, S.K., and Eldho, T.I. (2010). An improved AMC-coupled runoff curve number model. Hydrological Processes, 24 (20): 2834-2839.
- Sahu, R.K. and Sharma, A. (2010). Estimation of irrigation water requirement: a case study. A.U. Journal of Research, 20 (1&2): 57-58.
- Sahu, R.K., Rajak, D., and Prasad, P. (2009). Impact of community participation on implementation of watershed development projects in India: a review. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture, 27 (1-2): 253-257.
- Rajak, D., Sahu, R.K., Ram, R.B., and Kumar, S. (2009). Performance evaluation of zero-till seed-cum-fertilizer drill for wheat crop at Pusa farm. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture, 27 (1-2): 259-262.
- Sahu, R.K., Mishra, S.K., Eldho, T.I., and Jain, M.K. (2007). An advanced soil moisture accounting procedure for SCS curve number method. Hydrological Processes, 21 (21): 2872-2881.
- Mishra, S.K., Sahu, R.K., Eldho, T.I., and Jain, M.K. (2006). An improved Ia-S relation incorporating antecedent moisture in SCS-CN Methodology. Water Resources Management, 20 (5): 643-660.
Mishra, S.K., Sahu, R.K., Eldho, T.I., and Jain, M.K. (2006). A generalized relation between initial abstraction and potential maximum retention in SCS-CN-based model.” International Journal of River Basin Management, 4 (4): 245-253.
Moblile No. – 8544256918
Email id – : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org