Dr. Sudhir Kumar Jain
Professor (since 2010)
Soil & Water Engineering Department
- B. Tech. (Hons.) Agril. Engg. – Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur
- M. Tech. (Agril Engg.) in Soil & Water Conservation Engineering – I.I.T., Kharagpur
- Ph.D. in Irrigation & Drainage – G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar
- Research Area – Irrigation Water Management
- Research interest – Solar power in agriculture, Ground Water Hydraulics, Microirrigation hydraulics
- R. Chandra, S.K. Jain and A. K. Singh (2016). Estimation of Water consumption and Crop Water Productivity of Wheat Crop in Farmer’s Field of North Bihar..Enviornment and Eco., 35 (2A) : 954-958.
- R. Chandra, S.K. Jain and A.K. Singh (2018). Assessment of Ground Water Resources for Irrigation in Nalanda District of South Bihar, India.Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7(02): 1223-1232.
- R. Chandra, S.K. Jain, M. Kumar, A.K. Singh and V. Kumar (2018). Comparative Effects of Deficit Irrigation and Partial Root Zone Drying (PRD) on Growth, Yield and Water use Efficiency of Rabi Maize. .Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7(02): 1073-1080.
- R. Chandra, S.K. Jain and A.K. Singh (2018). Assessment of Ground Water Resources for Irrigation in Aurangabad District of South Bihar, India..Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7(04): 1606-1617.
- S. Shekhar, M. Kumar, A. Kumari and S. K. Jain (2017).Soil Moisture Profile Analysis Using Tensiometer under Different Discharge Rates of Drip Emitter.Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 6(11): 908-917
- R. Chandra and S.K. Jain (2014). Water productivity evaluation for different varieties of rice in farmer’s field of North Bihar. Full length paper published in the Proc. of All India seminar on “Emerging Tech. for sustainable resource management” held at GBPUA&T Pantnagar and organized by Institution of Engineers during March 13-14, 2014
- R. Chandra, S.K. Jain and A.K. Singh.(2013). Assessment of ground water resources for irrigation in Nalanda district of Bihar.Proc. of National seminar on “Cons. and Protection of Ground Water” held at The Institution of Engineers, Uttarakhand state centre, Dehraun during Sep. 20 -21, 2013.
- A. K. Singh; S. K. Jain and R. Chandra (2012). Studies on impact of municipal, industrial and agro-chemical pollutants on quality of ground water.RAU J. Res. Vol. 22(1&2): 48-56
- S. K. Jain, A. K. Singh, A. K. Thakur (2008). Assessment of quality of ground water pollution arising from various sources. J. Ind. Wat. Res. Vol. 28(3): 9-13.
- S. K. Jain, K. K. Singh and R. P. Singh (2002). Microirrigation Lateral Design using Lateral Discharge Equation. J. Irrig. and Drain. Div., ASCE. Vol. 128 (2) – 2002